We really hope you find the club welcoming and friendly, and that being a member is a good way to meet other LGBTQ+ people, make friends, and keep active.
Club membership also includes these benefits:
- Free kit hire at the Quay Climbing Centre and discounted entry to Plymouth Life Centre
- A voucher for 20% off at Taunton Leisure’s Exeter store
- Discounted leggings from Funky Fitness (ask us for the code)
- BMC member discounts on outdoor kit, travel, accommodation at hundreds of shops and businesses
- £15m personal liability insurance for all your climbing, hillwalking and mountaineering, anywhere in the world
- Access to BMC training courses and specialist travel insurance
- Supports the good work the BMC does for all climbers, including access and conservation and equipment failure investigations
- Helps raise the profile of LGBTQ+ participation in climbing
Some of these benefits – particularly those provided by the BMC – are only available once you’ve paid for membership.
What it costs
You can “try before you buy” as a prospective club member, free for up to three months.
Full membership costs £25 for 2023 and everyone’s membership lasts until the end of the calendar year. We’ll contact you in January with details on how to renew.
There is a discounted rate available if you’re unemployed, on benefits, or a student – please contact us for details.
We ask everyone to fill in a membership form before climbing with us. But we’d strongly encourage you to contact us first to get a feel for the club and make a plan for your first session!
Your three-month prospective membership starts as soon as you submit the form.